Thursday, March 18, 2010

My Dear Lab

My dear Lab,  
These days are tricky. The weather was cold or rainy or both for the last five months in Chicago. All was well. Everyone was happy to be in. Everyone was grateful to escape the outside. Now it is changing. The sun is bright. The air is warm. I am no longer comfortable in my jacket. It is such a big problem. I could carry so much stuff in its pockets. People have come out. They look happy. They make too much noise in the quad. The snow is gone. The skate boards are out. The bicycles too. Time for more accidents, I guess. I hear that the leaves will be back soon. The flowers will be blooming as well. The winds from the lake will once again be pleasing, they say. But who wants fresh air! Picnic on the beach! Water scooters! Night cruises! Jobless morons! They watch the blue sky with flakes of white clouds. They bathe in the sunlight. They go on long drives in convertibles. They enjoy hikes in the mountains. They camp in the woods. I wonder who pays these people! Thank God not everyone is like them. There are still good and hard-working persons left. We don’t waste our time in such fruitless activities. Still, as I said, it gets tricky these days. With so many worthless people around, I get distracted. That is where you come in, my dearest sweet lab. You stand rock solid against the outside stupidity. You have no windows. You do not let the sun rays in. You do not let me have a feel of time. You guard the views of the sky, the trees and above all, the people having fun. You are my messiah. I love you.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's true. We have the same weather in our lab

kriti said...

awesome!

Kuntala said...

shubho noboborsho.